Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RIP my dear friend

Hey everyone, how's your day today? Hope it's great for you, in my place anyways.

On 19 May 2010 at 9.46 PM (1.46 PM GMT), my trusty old pal, comrades in arm, my companion who accompanied me through the sweet and harsh time, has been officially pronounce out of service. That right, it's my trusty desktop which had served his last glorious moment and had peacefully 'passed away' just now.
Ya, this is my 10 years old desktop, Complete with CDR monitor and an external fan for cooling.

It was such a sudden incident and it happen when I was in a middle of a research project. Yes, I know that many of you would think lightly of me and maybe wondering 'why la this fella wasting his breath of sulking over a malfunction desktop and why don't just get a new one instead?' Alright, I admit that I maybe a bit exaggerating on this matter but I don't see it as a machine, but as a trusty friend who's able to accompany me by my side and often provide help when I needed it the most. It had been in my family since late 2000 and now it is around 10 years since that fateful day. Even though many problems arises from it such as start up failure, hardware malfunction, slow speed and etc. during it's service period, but I manage to overcome each of those obstacles through self-studying or help from my dad's peers. Despite that, you still manage to perform your duties well and maybe even better than your more advance counterparts. You can say that an inseparable bond had form between the both of us.

Initially, I wasn't planning on buying a laptop so soon as I like to procrastinate this sort of things because of the price and also the new technology which churn out on a daily basis. However, I ended up on buying my first laptop a few weeks ago and manage to transfer some of the important doc. from my destop to my laptop. And by today, this hour, my desktop has give out it's last services to me. I really can't help to think that maybe it's the will of my desktop that finally made me settle down on a laptop purchase as it knew that it's end is near.

Lastly, I just want to express my deepest gratitude towards my desktop for all the services that it had provided me along the years and if you do have a soul (the soul of those workers who put into you when they develop you from scratch), may you continue to bless and watch over your successor and make sure they don't slack off during their job.

Thank you so much and Good bye. May we meet again in some distant future.

My sincere regards,
Signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment